Your New Year's Resolutions may have fizzled, but as we begin this Lenten season, it is another great reminder the importance of devoting each day to bettering ourselves. Even if you do not celebrate Lent, here is a 30 Day Improvement Guide, an excerpt from "The Magic of Thinking Big" by David J. Schwartz.
Between NOW and _____, I will...
BREAK THESE HABITS (suggestions):
1. Putting things off.
2. Using negative language.
3. Watching TV more than 60 minutes per day.
ACQUIRE THESE HABITS (suggestions):
1. Plan each day's work the night before.
2. Compliment people at every possible opportunity.
INCREASE MY VALUE TO MY EMPLOYER (suggestions):
1. Do a better job of developing my subordinates.
2. Learn more about my company, what it does and the customers it serves.
3. Make 3 specific suggestions to help my company become more efficient.
INCREASE MY VALUE TO MY HOME (suggestions):
1. Show more appreciation for my spouse in the little things I may take for granted.
2. Once a week, do something special with my whole family.
3. Give one hour each day of my undivided attention to my family.
SHARPEN MY MIND IN THESE WAYS (suggestions):
1. Invest two hours each week to reading professional magazines in my field.
2. Read one self help book.
3. Make four new friends.
4. Spend 30 minutes daily in quiet, undisturbed thinking.
All progress is made one step at a time. A house is built a brick at a time. Football games are won a play at a time. Every big accomplishment is a series of little accomplishments. We hope this gets your brain going to achieve all you want in your life. Including great health!