"In addition to back and neck pain, health studies show spending 12 hours a day in a chair increases the risk of developing diabetes by 91%."
A sedentary lifestyle is often unavoidable, especially if your workplace is in front of a desk. Sitting for long hours folds your body, compressing and weakening your core, stand up and move around frequently to dramatically reduce the health risks of sitting. Here are some additional tips to avoid the risks of prolonged sitting:
- Use a headset to return calls so you can walk as you talk and to avoid poor cervical posture
- Set an alarm on your phone of intervals every hour to get up and move
- Take micro posture breaks and stretch throughout the day
- Take your lunch break away from your desk and walk
- Sit on an exercise ball an hour per day