It's that time of year again! For many of us, January means reflecting on the past, setting new goals and making plans for a better future. Resolutions are a great way to put new focus on the many ways we can improve ourselves. You may not always think about it, but your spine plays an extremely important part in both your health and well-being. Here are a few resolutions to add to your list:
1. IMPROVE YOUR POSTURE - Your spine has three curves - the cervical, thoracic and lumbar. These help balance weight distribution and minimize any negative impacts on your spine. If you take good care of your spine by actively thinking and working on your posture, it will take good care of you.
2. FOLLOW A REGULAR STRETCHING ROUTINE - Tight muscles lead to imbalances in the body, which can lead to chronic or acute pain. Full range of motion stretches help eliminate stiffness and encourages healthy joints.
3. EXERCISE REGULARLY - Exercise offers plenty of physical and mental benefits, but did you know it also keeps your spine healthy, too? If done correctly, putting your body through various ranges of motion during athletic activities can also help reduce joint fixations and muscle pain.
4. HYDRATE - We can't say enough about staying well-hydrated, especially during a typical winter in Wisconsin. An average adult body is 50-65% water. It needs a regular supply for your skin, blood, muscles and inervertebral discs. These discs absorb a lot of water in order to keep your spine healthy, and can shrink over time if they do not get enough.
5. KEEP YOUR JOINTS ALIGNED - Routine chiropractic adjustments help your spine stay in proper alignment for optimal muscle, nerve and joint function.
Don't you deserve the healthiest life possible?
See how chiropractic treatment can help you achieve your 2017 goals!